Wednesday, September 1, 2010



Quick Fix

As we get acclimated to the new school routines, I have been diligent about being in the kitchen while the kids do their homework at the bar each afternoon. Once dinner is prepared, I've been finding busy work for myself in the kitchen while they finish up their studies.

Today, I needed a quick fix for the junk drawer. Do you have a junk drawer...is it just that, j-u-n-k? Does your husband rummage through the junk drawer on a weekly basis, unable to locate what he's in search of - and you feel like you are failing as a stay-at-home mom (with a full-time sewing business) because you are losing control over the clutter?

Well, I've seen pretty organizers in the stores, but, am too frugal to upgrade mine since they are fully functioning organizers.


In less than 15 minutes, I transformed my organizers with 2 sheets of scrapbooking cardstock.



I love my junk drawer!


2 comments:

  1. This looks pretty! I usually wait until we move to clean it, you are so organized. Happy Thursday!
    PS I noticed you have two pairs of scissors, is that in case you lose one? Maybe you should talk to C's teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  2. *ahem*
    Do I have a junk drawer? Yes. Four in fact...

    Can my husband find anything in it? No. But he can't find anything anyway...He likes to say that the translation for "I looked everywhere & have no idea where it is" in fact means, "I held out my hand, it didn't appear, therefore I have no clue what to do." We have shortened this statement to "I held out my hand..."

    Do organized drawers make me happy? Yes. But this in no way means I will organize them.

    Do I love your super cute idea to update a functional organizer? Yes....Will I do it? No. I am entirely too lazy.

    ReplyDelete

LBs Sewing Sanity now has a FAN page on Facebook! For referral discounts and monthly giveaways, check out LB's Sewing Sanity Fan Page Today!

Followers