Sunday, July 11, 2010



Some Say You Can Never Go Home.....

Although, I agree with this statement with all of my heart, I will strongly argue that no matter the roads life will take you, there is never anyplace quite like home.

A place that pulls at your heart strings while you are away.

A place where you can go and feel unconditionally loved by your sibs,
no matter how much time has passed.

A place in which you never forget the curves in the road
or the unnamed landmarks that bring you home.

A place in which you never forget the decisions made in your past
that make you who you are today.

Growing up a service brat, I never felt the sense of home. Heck, when you move tens of thousands of miles away from 'home' every few years, you quickly learn to become detached from your surroundings and find comfort and happiness within your family & faith.

Moving away from New England ten years ago or so has changed all of that. I never felt a part of the community while living here, yet returning to the lake each summer brings me greater joy than being anywhere else on this earth.




We have been home less than 48 hrs and I feel at peace with myself & have already enjoyed the simple pleasures of being home.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are having fun! Wish we were there together, I haven't seen you in ages!

    ReplyDelete

LBs Sewing Sanity now has a FAN page on Facebook! For referral discounts and monthly giveaways, check out LB's Sewing Sanity Fan Page Today!

Followers