Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Story~Time


I know there will come a day when my kids won't want me to read to them anymore. In fact, I feared, "that time" would be this summer. At 10 yrs & 6 yrs, they both enjoy reading their own stories. Yet, there is something magical about sharing a family story, especially if read while away on vacation. I held my breath the 1st night. Phew, they were thrilled I brought us a book to read!!

We are reading one of my childhood favorites, Pippi Longstocking.

Originally published in Swedish in 1950 before being translated into many other languages. The author, Astrid Lindgren (1907-2002) wrote 100's of books, poems & short stories. She also won the Hans Christian Andersen Medal ~ the highest international award in children's literature.

The book is still available ~ here is a link if you are interested. Go ahead, you deserve it!

No matter what time we get home from our day trips and/or visiting with family, we all curl up in Mommy's bed after our baths and snuggle & giggle about the adventures of Pippi Longstocking.

Well you should know what you have to do -
you can feel the right thing to do in your heart
- Pippi

No comments:

Post a Comment

LBs Sewing Sanity now has a FAN page on Facebook! For referral discounts and monthly giveaways, check out LB's Sewing Sanity Fan Page Today!

Followers