Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bit of a Funk

I've always dreamt of owning two homes. One would be a condo in a sky-rise in a major metropolitan city with a view of the bay. The other would be a historic victorian sitting atop rolling hills, surrounded by pastures, and a big red barn for my sewing studio, of course. Hubby and I have talked about this on occasion and he's never quite had the same vision as me. The hard work and disruption to our lives during remodeling wouldn't be worth it in his mind. Hmmmfffff.

Well let me tell you, he is so right.

Today is the first day in two weeks in which we do not have contractors in the house. I've always recognized the fact I need a routine, I need my house in order, I need to have supper planned and prepped before lunch and I despise people who can function with spontaneity.

I thought the sheer joy of having our flooring projects done would surely supersede the overwhelming feeling of losing control. NOT.

He is so right.

The P word is a four letter word in our house. I begin each morning with the question, "What is the plan?" In fact, each day, week, month, year is measured in terms of having a plan.

So you can imagine the funk I've been in by having my fridge & stove in the middle of the kitchen and having toilets in the bathtubs for 2 consecutive weekends. My poor kids would tiptoe down the stairs each morning and cautiously look at me to see, "is Mommy still in a funk."

The projects are complete. I feel myself beginning to thaw, to decompress. I've set aside my dreams of restoring an old victorian for now and will appreciate the fine craftsmanship of our recent home projects and not Plan another project unless it can be done while I'm away.

Happy Sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment

LBs Sewing Sanity now has a FAN page on Facebook! For referral discounts and monthly giveaways, check out LB's Sewing Sanity Fan Page Today!

Followers