Sunday, June 12, 2011

My Love Hate Relationship with Designing....




One of the biggest challenges with owning a homebased sewing business is saying, "NO".

Although, no, nada, can't do it, not interested in doing it, can't justify the time doing it, races through my head, I will hear my voice saying, "absolutely, would love to, let's make it happen!"

I have a customer that has become a friend that loves to challenge my designing capabilities. It is always an adrenaline rush working with her. One year, I was blessed with sewing for her entire extended family.

I too love my latte. So I genuinely enjoyed designing this purse.

I usually spend a few days looking at the fabrics. I'll walk by and rearrange them as if I'm mussing with my son's hair in the morning. Then, WHAM, it will come to me and I hold my breath until the project is done. I have to remind myself to breath while I'm sewing!




Happy Sewing!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LBs Sewing Sanity now has a FAN page on Facebook! For referral discounts and monthly giveaways, check out LB's Sewing Sanity Fan Page Today!

Followers