Thursday, February 18, 2010

My heart has been yearning to be in the kitchen. Thumbing through weathered cookbooks. Purging the pantry. Restocking the lazy susan. All of these things bring me much happiness.

A recipe peaked my interest last Fall because of these words,

"ideal for harvesttime with its colorful acorn squash and sweet peaches."

Doesn't that evoke thoughts of yesteryears when our Grandmother's relied on the land to feed their families?! Today was the day to make "Baked Chicken and Acorn Squash" from one of my favorite cookbooks,


While the kids worked on their homework at the kitchen bar and my husband chatted about his day, I made supper. I was happy to be in the kitchen. I Felt like a giggly school girl.




Just look at those glazed peaches atop the buttered acorn squash!





I confess, dinner was almost served cold while I staged these photo's!



Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I have an older annual TOH cookbook...looks like I need to update. Hope you and your family are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby always makes a few sounds when I am photographing food while he is trying to make his plate! heehee! Looks yummy! ♥

    ReplyDelete

LBs Sewing Sanity now has a FAN page on Facebook! For referral discounts and monthly giveaways, check out LB's Sewing Sanity Fan Page Today!

Followers