Thursday, April 29, 2010

This Little Girl of Mine.....

Loves to cook.


























At least once a week she asks if she can make supper. I'm not talking about preparing a box of macaroni and cheese or heating some chicken nuggets. No way, she had that mastered by the time she was six. Making supper is all about finding the perfect recipe.



This process can take hours, days, sometimes all week. There will be lists and lists of ingredients needed for specific recipes. I will find cookbooks on the coffee table, on Daddy's desk in the kitchen, in the bathroom book basket.

I love busying myself in the kitchen just so I can watch her in action. She always places all of the ingredients on the kitchen island, along with the measuring cups, utensils, and the recipe is propped up for easy viewing. I love this about her.


While cooking, she is completely focused. I start to count how many times I offer to help and how many times she replies, "I got it Mom, it's ok." This makes me feel very old!






<







Here, she is making Chuck Wagon Barbecue Beans from "Southern Living Kids Cookbook" which is still available at Amazon, by clicking on the link above.

The first time she made this for us was on Super Bowl Sunday, so she renamed the recipe to "Super Bowl Sunday Beans." By far, this is Daddy's favorite. One day, I made the beans. Well, I attempted to make the beans, however, did not follow the recipe exactly.....a pinch of this and a dash of that.

Well, I was busted. Tasted nothing like the Super Bowl Sunday Beans this Little girl of mine makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LBs Sewing Sanity now has a FAN page on Facebook! For referral discounts and monthly giveaways, check out LB's Sewing Sanity Fan Page Today!

Followers