Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Please Meet Sir Earl Grey

I am typically not fond of cats. Always thought of myself as a dog person. Growing up with a cat or two, I always thought of them as my sister's cats. Maybe this was just so I wouldn't have to feed them.

A few years ago a beautiful gray cat was found sleeping on our front wicker chair.


I would meet my neighbor out front at 6:00 a.m. each morning to walk...and there slept the gray cat. Upon my return, I could not get in the house without being loved on, purred on, drooled on. Such a Lovey!

After many attempts to find the rightful owners of the gray cat, and with the help of our neighbors, we decided to adopt him. This was also after much begging & pleading with hubby!


Instantly, he became a part of our family.


Playing games with us.....



He makes every attempt to do his brothers homework.....


He tolerates our low maintenance puppy, Gilbert....



He stands in the window most afternoons waiting for his friends to come home.



He follows me around the studio like a 2 year old.




Always finding the sunny spot....



Or trying to stay out of mischief....
He's walked across the sewing machine foot pedal while I'm sewing, a few times now...


He has been a delight from the start. Did I mention, he does not shed,
nor does he meow. Ever.

I love my Sir Earl Grey

3 comments:

  1. He is a beautiful cat! Let me correct myself...he is a large, beautiful cat! He looks like a true member of the family. And I love his name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much does he weigh? My cat Oliver could about match him for size, but maybe not girth. He ways 16 pounds...

    Also, I never considered my self a cat person, but his personality changed my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LB, it has been nearly two weeks since you posted. Will you ever post again? Do my comments annoy you? I will only leave nice ones. Please post. I miss you...

    ReplyDelete

LBs Sewing Sanity now has a FAN page on Facebook! For referral discounts and monthly giveaways, check out LB's Sewing Sanity Fan Page Today!

Followers