Thursday, May 6, 2010




It's all about the Little Things...

This is one of those weeks in which I've enjoyed the journey. Nothing life changing. No exciting stories to share or jokes to tell. Just events that I oftentimes take for granted. This week, I counted my blessings.


Before my son fell asleep tonight, he came out of his room to give me another hug, "because he just had to hug his Mommy again," he told me.


It was Muffins with Mom's at my daughters school all week. We chose to go on Wednesday. Unexpectedly, two of our favorite friends were there. It was delightful sharing our time with such wonderful friends and their special girls.

My feet were happy to be in the garden for a few hours this week.

The weeds were above my ankles. I pulled and pulled and pulled.
Every few minutes I would glance down the hill and appreciate the splendor of Mother Nature. The sky was clear, bluer than blue, felt as if I had washed the windshield and could see clearly now. Do you ever have those moments?


After watching my daughter struggle at her softball game the night before, I almost cried when she got two hits and scored two runs the next night. She also pitched her first inning ever ~ 1 hit, struck 2 out, and no runs on her clock! I was so proud of her! I had to keep my sunglasses on so no one would notice my tears (of joy).


While having lunch with my son. Our neighbor came to our back slider, bringing Lil Man a few HUGE strawberries, knowing how much he loves strawberries. It warms my heart to have such wonderful neighbors!

Look how big these babies are!

I dipped them in milk chocolate and drizzled with white chocolate. Although they came out heavy and clumpy, the kids devoured them in 2.4 seconds!


Now that winter has passed, and we are approaching the end of the school year, I allowed myself a moment or two to daydream about summer with my peeps. Best part of my summer is the carefree days with the kids.















The highlight of my day was when my hubby walked through the door after traveling this week. Love having my family together.













2 comments:

  1. Your list of Little Things is so sweet! Hooray for Lexi and her softball game...she looks so grown up in that uniform!
    Your yard looks so green and lush, I'm glad you were able to spend some time outside. It's good for the soul, isn't it?
    Hugs to your family--we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm suffering from spring fever...I don't want to go to work, take my kids to school, or even do housework. I only want to look at my flower beds, daydream about weeding my garden, and just lay in the yard swing and read...

    ReplyDelete

LBs Sewing Sanity now has a FAN page on Facebook! For referral discounts and monthly giveaways, check out LB's Sewing Sanity Fan Page Today!

Followers