Friday, May 28, 2010


I Ran Away Today


On a whim, I decided to run away today. Just, Me, Myself, and I.
Oh what a good time we had.

If I lived nearer my Mom and two sisters, I would have begged them to come away with me for the day. We would have found a yard sale or two. Probably visited the Christmas Tree shops. Possibly stopped by the UCONN Barns before stopping at one of Kat's favorite places for Sushi, or one of Mom's favorite watering holes....

My journey started by delivering an order...followed by dropping my daughter off at school since it was business day. Couldn't have her break the precious chocolate pops they made for their year end business project.




Next stop was dropping Lil Man off at his Kindergarten Exploration class he has on Friday mornings before school. Today was Kindergarten Olympics ~ as you can see the kids were thrilled!
















Next stop was the Franklin Food Pantry. Such a good feeling making a difference!

While driving through the small town of Franklin, I tried to overlook the poverty and despair and only see what must have been a town filled with hope and inspiration at one time.


The Old Log Cabin Post Office, sits along the river.


The train still runs through the town.


I was most impressed with the homes that sit across the river, listed on the National Historic Register, I could almost envision what they must have looked like over 100 years ago.

















I walked down River Street holding my head high, pretending I belonged there!



























I strolled along the river without a care in the world.



I would love to learn more about the artist that painted incredible murals on many of the buildings throughout Franklin. The attention to depth & detail was breathtaking.




Doesn't this make you want to belong to a simpler time?!








Main Streets and Steeples always peak my interest.


I almost stopped traffic trying to capture a picture of the farm equipment...thought my brother Mike would be so proud of me for noticing!




I had originally planned to have lunch on Main Street, but, couldn't bring myself to sitting alone in a quiet little bistro. So I stopped in at Dorothy Lane Market in Springboro. I love DLM. It's not only a fabulous market for fresh produce and endless baked goods, the upstairs of the market is set-up with tables, chairs, a fireplace and a baby grande piano! I picked up sushi for the road.




By this time, my feet were getting tired. Perfect time for a pedicure.




I love having pretty toes. I'll need to wear pink all weekend!

Upon my return home, I felt completely refreshed. I was home 2+ hours before the kids' bus arrived so I took a power nap & tidied up the studio. Tomorrow, I'll need to play catch up, but, I can assure you, I'll have a skip in my step and a song in my heart after running away for the day.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful, quaint little town. It's so pretty. Good for you for taking some time to yourself. I have NEVER had a pedicure OR a manicure! I have such horribly ugly feet that I'm too self conscious :)

    ReplyDelete

LBs Sewing Sanity now has a FAN page on Facebook! For referral discounts and monthly giveaways, check out LB's Sewing Sanity Fan Page Today!

Followers