Tuesday, May 25, 2010








Such a Good Feeling to Give Back


Last week was LB's first fundraiser to benefit the local Food Pantry. The Franklin/Springboro Food Pantry supports 1,000 families every month. During the holidays, we donate non-perishable items to the food pantry. However, I felt we could do more throughout the year.

I had oh so much fun preparing for the open house. Our dining room was transformed into LB's store front for the day.















I had no idea what to expect when I opened the doors at 9:00 a.m.


I was overwhelmed with the response. I was accepting food donations and taking orders from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. with only two 10 minute periods without anyone here!










I proudly gave out over $150.00 in LB's Bucks for my customers to use towards their purchases. Additionally, a percentage of sales was donated to the Food Pantry.























I was shocked over the number of grocery bags being donated to the food pantry! The kids decorated a large box for the food donations ~ we were all amazed how quickly it was filled!



I'm still grinning from ear to ear knowing, together, we can make a difference.

1 comment:

  1. This is great, Lisa. Your dining room looks beautiful and it must be a great feeling to donate all that food. I don't know how you do all this without being stressed out!

    ReplyDelete

LBs Sewing Sanity now has a FAN page on Facebook! For referral discounts and monthly giveaways, check out LB's Sewing Sanity Fan Page Today!

Followers