Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Gone So Soon

I have been walking around aimlessly since my sister went home. Sort of a numb state of mind. I have kept myself busy in the studio as not to have to think about the distance between us.

I have five wonderful siblings. We each have a unique relationship. Distance will do that to you. Although, we may not keep in touch on a daily basis, any time we are together, the world stops.

In the few short days Kat was here, we ate and ate and ate. And ate some more. For those of you in the Dayton area, we dined at Meadowlark. Had the best table in the house. Had the best waitress in the house.
On Saturday, we spent the day at Miami University. Alexandra was participating in Destination Imagination 2010. Her team ROCKED. They placed 2nd for their category. I was a proud Mama! We ate at the cafeteria on campus, not once but twice. UGH!

On Sunday, we went to Cincinnati to dine at Mitchell's Seafood. This is one of Papa's favorites, and mine too. Mitchell's, advertised in Cincinnati is actually in Covington Kentucky, with a view of the Cincinnati skyline along the Ohio River. On a sunny summer afternoon, you can hear the cheers from the Great American Ball Park, while dining outside at Mitchells - I just LOVE that!

I couldn't let her go home without going to Graeter's for ice cream.

I'm sure you are scrolling through this blog looking for a picture. After all, what is a post without a picture? What is a blog without pictures? What is a visit without pictures?

Needless to say, I took only a few pictures. Shame on me! She had only been here an hour or so. I had to deliver an apron to a local customer. Of course, I talked her into posing for me. I'm sure you will agree, she is photogenic. I HATE this about her.


Just look at that face. Here's the throw your head back and live in the moment.



I had my daughter take a picture of her Mama imitating this pose. I even did my hair and put on lipstick.



Just pathetic. It's always been this way....Kat's the beautiful one. Carefree. Comfortable in her own skin. And well, I'm just 'me'. Quirky me.

My daughter took numerous pictures of me with the digital camera before I whipped off the apron and begged her to pose for me.


We had a wonderful visit with Aunt Kathy. Christian woke up crying in the middle of the night after she left, asking me if I had a picture of Aunt Kathy for him to sleep with. My Lexi-girl shed enough tears to fill the bathtub while I put on my strong face holding back my own tears, counting the days until we make our annual trek home to New England.

Carl, Kd., Tommy, Mikey....it's your turn to come to Ohio! I miss you.



1 comment:

LBs Sewing Sanity now has a FAN page on Facebook! For referral discounts and monthly giveaways, check out LB's Sewing Sanity Fan Page Today!

Followers