Sunday, March 28, 2010

Lazy Day Sunday

Before having kids, I dreamt about "Lazy Day Sundays" both as a wife and as a Mother. Although these daydreams were a vivid part of my imagination, they were influenced by my surroundings. At the time, I was living in New England, on the 6th floor of a sky-rise apartment in the city. I enjoyed all the amenities of living in the city, as a single woman, just a few short miles from the office. Albeit, the weekends were MINE to do as I pleased, something was always missing.

Looking back now, I was probably the envy of my friends with young families. I recall a friend of mine telling me she and her husband set aside 'time' to talk since their lives were consumed with the activities of their children. I just couldn't imagine!

A dozen or so years later, I am living 800 miles away from the sky-rise apartment, no longer putting on a suit each day to go to the office, and no longer worrying 'how' I would spend my weekends.

Today, was was the epitome of a "Lazy Day Sunday"

We canceled our plans and commitments since both kids are feeling under the weather.

The kids hung out with me in the studio, for hours...and hours...and hours.


They read......



They slept.....



Daddy took care of Brunch for Lunch, with a smile!


By the end of the day, I was feeling refreshed, but, the kids were ready to crash. Little Man's fever spiked so we took out a favorite book.

Sick Day, by Patricia MacLachlan, Illustrations by Jane Dyer


This is a wonderful children's book. When we picked up this book at the UConn Book Fair many moons ago, I didn't realize the author was Patricia MacLachlan. This was her first book, originally published in 1979. She went on o write two of my favorites, Sarah Plain and Tall and Skylark.

The kids then enjoyed our "Sick Day" favorite supper - Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup.


While Mommy had a spinach salad with chicken & cranberries...



I confess, I had to keep the vase of flowers on the table so I wouldn't see Daddy's delicious open-faced chicken sandwich he prepared!



Now, the kids are fast asleep. Hubby is watching his beloved Celtics and I am getting ready to package my orders to ship tomorrow. This weekend, I made a dozen tote bags with crayon rolls and 3 wristlets for this weeks' orders. A few new fabric styles this week, kept it interesting!

But, the best part of it all was having my peeps hang out with me for hours of endless chatter.


Gotta LOVE Lazy Day Sundays!

1 comment:

  1. I hope the kids feel better soon and they enjoy their vacation. Your salad looks great!

    ReplyDelete

LBs Sewing Sanity now has a FAN page on Facebook! For referral discounts and monthly giveaways, check out LB's Sewing Sanity Fan Page Today!

Followers