Thursday, March 25, 2010

Take Time to be Thankful

I have been in a wee bit of a funk for a week or so because this is the first time in our sweet family life that we are not having dinner together each night.



We savor this time. Although it appears to be an everyday occasion that occurs without much thought, oftentimes having breakfast for dinner, or a meal prepared by Lexi-girl, the results are so much more than that.

A time to pray. A time to reflect. A time to share our day. A time to dream a little, giggle a little, and most importantly, feel unconditionally loved.



With our new baseball and softball schedules incorporated into the piano & Girl Scout schedules, our dinner hour is no longer as we once knew it. Are we becoming the prototype of the American Family?

I recently read, "Life is really about Attitude."

Last night, was the first night I gave myself an attitude adjustment once Daddy & Lexi left for softball. Rather than return to the studio to work for an hour or so, Little Man and I,

"Get this party rocking" as he so energetically put it!


We took advantage of the paved path that weaves through our subdivision along the creek.




Although this path is literally at the foot of our hill in our backyard,
we felt as if we were worlds away.



We listened to the Canadian Geese returning home, the airplanes on a sunset tour,
the trickle of the creek.


We floated leaves down the stream.



We listened to the wind blow.



By the time the sun was setting and we started our journey home,
I felt my attitude completely change.


I gave thanks for the time I spent with my Little Man.






1 comment:

LBs Sewing Sanity now has a FAN page on Facebook! For referral discounts and monthly giveaways, check out LB's Sewing Sanity Fan Page Today!

Followers